Fire and Injury prevention programs are important in helping us fulfill the mission of the Montrose Fire Protection District. Firefighters are actively participating in helping the citizens of our fire district.
Fire Prevention Programs
- Annually during fire prevention week in October with the help of generous business donors and the National Fire Safety council we distribute fire prevention material to grades K through 3rd.
- We provide a puppet program that we take on the road to teach children important messages like “Don’t Play with Matches”, “Crawl Low in Smoke”, and “Stop Drop and Roll”.
- Tours of our fire stations.
- How to properly use fire extinguishers.
- Free Smoke Detectors and 9-Volt Batteries for those who cannot afford them. We want every home to have a properly working smoke detector. We will give you tips on the installation of smoke detectors and even come out and help you install them.
- Annual inspections of businesses within our fire district to help owners prevent fires by identifying possible hazards and to help them come into compliance with adopted fire codes.
Injury Prevention Programs
- Our child safety car seat program helps parents to learn how to properly install child car seats.